Founded in 2010 the European Forum of Independent Professionals (EFIP) is a collaboration of national associations which represent independent professionals at EU level through targeted research and advocacy.
EFIP is a not-for-profit, non party political organisation. Our mission is to promote the value of independents to the European and national economies and to ensure that independent working is respected as a legitimate alternative to employment.
EFIP strives for the European business environment to become more conducive to the independent way of working.
‘Independent Professionals’ describes those people who are neither employers nor employees but are businesses in their own account.
Sometimes referred to as freelancers, contractors, consultants or micro-businesses, Independent Professionals work across a wide breadth of industries, delivering a flexible, knowledge based service to their clients in both the private and public sectors.
They are genuinely self employed and engage with their clients on a business to business basis.
EFIP has five aims:
• Visibility: to promote international awareness of independent professional life
• Value: to provide better understanding of the value this sector brings to economies
• Resources: sharing of knowledge and statistics, as well as other data of value to independents
• Dialogue: an improved communication between national organisations
• Policy: to provide a conduit for policy matters with EU institutions and other international bodies
Consisting of representatives from across Europe, EFIP seeks to enhance the work of national organisations already representing independent professionals. An inclusive organisation, EFIP welcomes involvement of organisations from all EU member states.